Information on the collection of personal data and contact details of the controller
We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. In the following, we inform you about the handling of your personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data with which you can be personally identified.
The controller in charge for data processing on this website within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Lünener Straße 23B
The controller in charge of the processing of personal data is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. See the legal notice for further contact details.
This website uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or inquiries to the controller). You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string https:// and the lock symbol in your browser line.
Data collection when you visit our website
When using our website for information only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called "server log files"). When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time at the moment of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you came to the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (if applicable: in anonymized form)
Data processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files subsequently, if there are any concrete indications of illegal use.
In order to make your visit to our website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your terminal and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent short- and long-term cookies). If cookies are set, they collect and process specific user information such as browser and location data as well as IP address values according to individual requirements. Persistent short- and long-term cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie.
In some cases, cookies are used to simplify the ordering process by saving settings (e.g. remembering the content of a virtual shopping basket for a later visit to the website). If personal data are also processed by individual cookies set by us, the processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR either for the execution of the contract or in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and effective design of the page visit.
We work together with advertising partners who help us to make our website more interesting for you. For this purpose, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your hard drive when you visit our website (third-party cookies). You will be informed individually and separately about the use of such cookies and the scope of the information collected in each case within the following sections.
Please note that you can set your browser in such a way that you are informed about the setting of cookies and you can decide individually about their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally. Each browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You will find these for the respective browsers under the following links:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/privacy/websites/#cookies
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if cookies are not accepted.
In the context of contacting us (e.g. via Email), personal data is collected. Which data is collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. These data are stored and used exclusively for the purpose of responding to your request or for establishing contact and for the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your enquiry; this is the case if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified, provided that there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary.
Data processing for contract processing
Pursuant to Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR, personal data will continue to be collected and processed if you provide them to us for the execution of a contract or when opening a customer account. Which data is collected can be seen from the respective input forms. It is possible to delete your customer account at any time. This can be done by sending a message to the above-mentioned address of the controller. We store and use the data provided by you for contract processing. After complete processing of the contract or deletion of your customer account, your data will be blocked in consideration of tax and commercial retention periods and deleted after expiry of these periods, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data or a legally permitted further use of data has been reserved by our site, about which we will inform you accordingly below.
Processing of data for the purpose of order handling
To process your order, we work together with the following service provider(s), which support us wholly or partially in the execution of concluded contracts. Certain personal data is transferred to these service providers in accordance with the following information.
The personal data collected by us will be passed on to the transport company commissioned with the delivery within the scope of contract processing, insofar as this is necessary for the delivery of the goods. We will pass on your payment data to the commissioned credit institution within the framework of payment processing, if this is necessary for payment handling. If payment service providers are used, we explicitly inform you of this below. The legal basis for the transfer of data is Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR.
- Credit or debit card: If you choose a payment with credit or debit card, payment is processed via the payment service provider Adyen, Simon Carmiggeltstraat 6 - 50, 1011 DJ Amsterdam, Netherlands, to whom we pass on your information provided during the order process together with the information about your order (IP address, Browser used, invoice amount, currency and order number). Your data will only be passed on to the payment service provider Adyen for the purpose of payment processing in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR. Your data will only be passed on if this is necessary for processing the payment.
- PayPal: When paying via PayPal, credit card via PayPal, direct debit via PayPal or - if offered - "purchase on account" or "payment by instalments" via PayPal, we transmit your payment data to PayPal (Europe) S.a.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg (hereinafter "PayPal"). The transfer takes place in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR and only insofar as this is necessary for payment processing. PayPal reserves the right to carry out credit checks for the payment methods credit card via PayPal, direct debit via PayPal or, if offered, "purchase on account" or "payment by installments" via PayPal. For this purpose, your payment data may be passed on to credit agencies on the basis of PayPal's legitimate interest in determining your solvency pursuant to Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. PayPal uses the result of the credit assessment in relation to the statistical probability of non-payment for the purpose of deciding on the provision of the respective payment method. The credit report can contain probability values (so-called score values). If score values are included in the result of the credit report, they are based on recognized scientific, mathematical-statistical methods. The calculation of the score values includes, but is not limited to, address data. For further information on data protection law, including the credit agencies used, please refer to PayPal's data protection declaration at: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full. You can object to this processing of your data at any time by sending a message to PayPal. However, PayPal may still be entitled to process your personal data if this is necessary for contractual payment processing.
If you use our autofill function for filling in forms, we store the details you enter in a long-term cookie in AES-256 encrypted form. Upon your next visit, we can identify you during the ordering process and will automatically fill in certain entry fields such as first name, last name, address, post code, city / town, Email address, country and selected payment method in your shopping basket. You can deactivate the autofill function when entering invoice and delivery address data in the shopping basket (Step 1) or on the page provided for Deactivating the autofill function.
If you subscribe to our Email newsletter, we will send you regular information about our offers. The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your Email address. The indication of additional possible data is voluntary and is used to be able to address you personally. We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for sending the newsletter. This means that we will not send you an Email newsletter, unless you have expressly confirmed to us that you agree to the sending of the newsletter. We will then send you a confirmation Email asking you to confirm that you wish to receive future newsletters by clicking on an appropriate link.
By activating the confirmation link, you give us your consent to the use of your personal data in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR. When you register for the newsletter, we store your IP address entered by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) as well as the date and time of registration so that we can trace any possible misuse of your Email address at a later time. The data collected by us when registering for the newsletter will be used exclusively for the purpose of advertising by means of the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the link provided in the newsletter or by sending a message to the responsible person named above. After your cancellation, your Email address will immediately be deleted from our newsletter distribution list, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data or we reserve the right to use data in excess thereof, which is permitted by law and about which we inform you in this declaration.
Our Email newsletter is sent by the technical service provider CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, Mühlenstr. 43, 26180 Rastede ("CleverReach"), to which we pass on your data provided during the newsletter registration. This disclosure is made in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR and serves our legitimate interest in the use of an effective, secure and user-friendly newsletter system. The data you enter for newsletter subscription (e.g. Email address) will be stored on CleverReach's servers in Germany and Ireland.
CleverReach uses this information to send newsletters on our behalf.
We have concluded an order processing agreement with CleverReach obliging CleverReach to protect our customers' data and not to pass it on to third parties.
We use your Email address as a one-off reminder for submitting an evaluation of your order if you click on "Buy Now & Review Later" at the end of the ordering process in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR. A few days after placing your order you will receive an Email with a link to the Trustpilot review site operated by Trustpilot A/S, Pilestraede 58, 5th floor, 1112 Copenhagen, Denmark. Your order number and Email address are stored in this link in an encoded and authenticated form. If you do not click on this link, no data is transmitted. If you click on "Buy Only", you will not be sent a reminder to submit a review.
You can revoke your consent at any time by sending a message to the controller responsible for data processing.
Use of Youtube videos
This website uses the Youtube embedding function for display and playback of videos offered by the provider Youtube, which belongs to Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google").
To this end, the extended data protection mode is used to ensure, according to provider information, that user information will only be stored once the playback function of the video is started. When the playback of embedded YouTube videos is started, the provider sets "YouTube" cookies in order to collect information about user behavior. According to indications from Youtube, the use of those cookies is intended, among other things, to record video statistics, to improve user-friendliness and to avoid improper actions. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account when you click on a video. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. Google saves your data (even for users who are not logged in) as usage profiles and evaluates them. Such an evaluation takes place in particular according to Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of the legitimate interests of Google in the insertion of personalized advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
Regardless of whether the embedded video is played back, a connection to the Google network "double click" is established when visiting this website. This may trigger further data processing beyond our control.
Google LLC, based in the USA, is certified for the US-European data protection agreement "Privacy Shield", which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU.
Further information on YouTube data protection can be found in the provider's data protection statement at: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
Content Delivery Network AWS CloudFront (Amazon)
On our website we use the content delivery network ("CDN") "AWS CloudFront" of the service provider "Amazon" (Amazon EU Sarl, 38 avenue John F. Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg).
A content delivery network is an online service that is used to deliver large media files (such as graphics, page content or scripts) through a network of regionally distributed servers connected via the Internet. The use of Amazon's Content Delivery Network helps us to optimize the loading speed of our website.
The processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) 1 point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in a secure and efficient provision, as well as improvement of the stability and functionality of our website.
We use remarketing offers from various providers on this website. During your visit, a pop-up message may appear to enable remarketing. The processing of any data takes place only with your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR. If you wish to revoke your previously given consent or do not wish to be asked further about your consent, please click here: Disable remarketing.
- Google AdWords Remarketing: Our website uses the functions of Google AdWords Remarketing, which enable us to advertise our website in Google search results, as well as on third-party websites. Provider is Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). To this end, Google places a cookie in the browser of your terminal device, which automatically uses a pseudonymous cookie ID on the basis of pages you visited to allow interest-based advertising. These processing operations only take place if express consent is given in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR. Any additional processing will only take place if you have agreed with Google that your Google Internet and app browsing history will be linked to your Google Account and information from your Google Account will be used for personalized ads you view on the web. If you are logged in to Google while visiting our website, Google will use your data in connection with Google Analytics data to create and define target group lists for cross-device remarketing. To this end, Google temporarily links your personal data with Google Analytics data to create target groups. You can permanently disable the setting of cookies for advertising preferences. You may download and install the browser plug-in available at the following link: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/. Alternatively, you can contact the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ to find out how to set cookies and to make the relevant settings. Finally, you can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and decide individually whether to accept them or to exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general. If cookies are not accepted, the functionality of our website may be limited. Google LLC, based in the United States, is certified for the US-European data protection agreement "Privacy Shield", which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU. Further information and the data protection regulations regarding advertising and Google can be viewed at: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/.
Rights of the data subject
The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive rights of data subjects (rights of information and intervention) vis-à-vis the data controller with regard to the processing of your personal data, about which we inform you below:
- Right of access by the data subject pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR
- Right to rectification pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR
- Right to erase (“right to be forgotten”) pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR
- Right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR
- Right to be informed pursuant to Art. 19 GDPR
- Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR
- Right to withdraw a given consent pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR
- Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR
Right to object
If, within the framework of a consideration of interests, we process your personal data on the basis of our predominant legitimate interest, you have the right at any time to object to this processing with effect for the future on the grounds that arise from your particular situation.
If you exercise your right to object, we will stop processing the data concerned. however, we reserve the right to further processing if we can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for processing which outweigh your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms, or if the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data which are used for direct marketing purposes. you may exercise the objection as described above.
If you exercise your right to object, we will stop processing the data concerned for direct advertising purposes.
Duration of storage of personal data
The duration of the storage of personal data is determined by the respective legal retention period (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods). After expiry of this period, the corresponding data will be routinely deleted, provided they are no longer necessary for the performance or initiation of the contract and/or there is no longer any legitimate interest on our part in the further storage.